Follow us on Twitter: @foods4health1
To learn more about the health benefits of food, visit: http://www.benefitsoffood.blogspot.com
You have most likely heard of the amazing health benefits of consuming bananas, and we have made many videos on the channel discussing these great benefits. But did you know that when bananas are boiled and the water is consumed, this creates a tea that offers great levels of nutrition, and most importantly, unique health benefits for our overall health. To make this mixture at home, you will need one organic bananas, 5 to 6 cups of water and a teaspoon of raw honey. Bring the water to a boil and add the bananas to the boiling water. Allows the banana to steep for about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and strain the water into a cup. Let cool and then add the honey. This drink if often consumed at night before bed. Now, lets discuss some of the amazing health benefits of consuming banana tea regularly.
1. First, this mixture is incredibly healthy. Bananas tea offers many healthy vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that can promote our overall health. Specifically, it is a good source of potassium, vitamin B12, manganese, magnesium and vitamin C. As well, it also contains some dietary fibre as well as pectin and antioxidant compounds.
2. Surprising to some, but banana tea is commonly consumed due to its ability to naturally promote sleep and remedy sleeping problems. The high levels of tryptophan, dopamine and serotonin found in the mixture can help to improve sleep levels, regulate sleep and increase feelings of restfulness. As well, the tea may provide a calming effect for those who consume it before bed, which can help with relaxation and reduce sleeping ailments.
3. Drinking banana tea regularly can also help to promote healthy digestion. This is often attributed to the high levels of magnesium and potassium found in the tea. These healthy nutrients help to improve muscle function and promote the health and functionality of the digestive tract. Banana tea is also a good source of dietary fibre and pectin. These nutrients work together to promote regulate bowel movements, reduce bloating and increasing nutrient uptake from the healthy foods we eat.
4. It can also help to improve heart health and reduce the risk of developing cardiovascular disease. As mentioned previously, banana tea is an excellent source of potassium. Potassium can help to lower blood pressure, reduce the risk of heart disease and improve circulation. It also acts as a vasodilator, which can improve the overall health of our blood vessels. The tremendous amounts of antioxidants can also help to reduce free radicals that can compromise the cardiovascular system.
5. Lastly, consuming banana tea regularly can help to boost the immune system and prevent certain diseases. This is often attributed to the high levels of vitamin C and vitamin A, along with other antioxidant compounds. The ascorbic acid found in the tea can help to stimulate white blood cell production, which can naturally boost the immune system and prevent disease.
Thank you for watching the video! Please like, comment and share. If you would like to hear about more healthy foods, and food and beauty tips, please subscribe to the channel. Have a GREAT and HEALTHY day!
DISCLAIMER: This video is for educational and informational purposes only. While we have tried to ensure that the information is sound and accurate, we cannot guarantee its accuracy. The information in this video should not be substituted for professional medical advice and opinions. If you are experiencing any ailments, serious or otherwise, always seek professional medical treatment and advice.