Subscribe to our podcast here:
On this special edition of the Big Picture Jim Puplava and Chris Preitauer get into the weeds on the marijuana debate. They examine the plant and see if it’s really living up to all the hype surrounding it in recent years. Jim and Chris discuss a number of issues including:
1. Approval for legalization is increasing among all races, sexes, ages and political affiliations.
2. More states are expected to approve medical use of cannabis and those that have approved may eventually move to recreational use.
3. The trend is becoming chic as more high-end retailers like Barneys New York and Neiman Marcus carry cannabis products.
4. More cannabis companies are going public and big tobacco and beverage companies are investing in them.
5. As more states approve marijuana, it’s highly likely it becomes legalized at the federal level.
6. There are still a lot of unknowns about the harmful effects of cannabis. More comprehensive research needs to be done on the risks associated with cannabis use as Alex Berenson’s book, Tell Your Children the Truth About Marijuana, Mental Illness, and Violence points out.
7. How recent changes in cannabis laws relate to America’s devastating mass incarceration problem.
Tune in to hear this in-depth discussion covering everything from market implications, criminal justice, health and more!