What is DMT? In this video I have shave shared everything you need to know about DMT.
I cover what DMT is, its chemical properties, its drug psychedelic properties, natural origin, the use and history of DMT which includes how it is consumed, it’s risks, ritual practices and spirituality, expansion of consciousness/awareness. I also cover the effects of DMT psychological and physiological. I cover experiences and hallucination and perception of life after of individuals who have taken DMT. Lastly I cover treatment for addiction.
I hope you guys enjoy this video, please like and subscribe! Leave some comments down below if you have any questions or suggestions of future videos!
1) Gaia documentary Psychedelica DMT: Revolution of Consciousness
2) Youtube Video: The History of DMT in 3 minutes by PsychedSubstance
3) Batchelder, G. (2016). Ayahuasca Visions in the Peruvian Amazon. Anthropology News, 57(12). doi:10.1111/an.260
4) Carbonaro, T. M., & Gatch, M. B. (2016). Neuropharmacology of N,N-dimethyltryptamine. Brain Research Bulletin, 126(Part 1), 74-88. doi:10.1016/j.brainresbull.2016.04.016
5) Davis, Kathleen. (2017, March 24). DMT: Side effects, facts, and health risks. Retrieved November 05, 2017, from https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/arti…
6) DMT Addiction and Recovery Facts – Addiction Recovery. (n.d.). Retrieved November 2, 2017, from https://www.recovery.org/topics/dmt-f…
7) Hurd, R. (n.d.). Psychological Side Effects of DMT Ingestion – livestrong.com. Retrieved November 5, 2017, from https://www.livestrong.com/article/11…
8) Pineal Gland – The Gateway to Expanded Consciousness – The Human Brain Series – Part 20. (2016). Quantum University.
9) Sánchez, C., & Bouso, J. C. (2015). Ayahuasca: From the Amazon to the Global Village. 2-3.
10) Santos, R. G., Osório, F. L., Crippa, J. A., Riba, J., Zuardi, A. W., & Hallak, J. E. (2016). Antidepressive, anxiolytic, and antiaddictive effects of ayahuasca, psilocybin and lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD): a systematic review of clinical trials published in the last 25 years. Therapeutic Advances in Psychopharmacology, 6(3), 193-213. doi:10.1177/2045125316638008
11) Schultz, Mitch. (2010). DMT: The Spirit Molecule. [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtT6X…
12) Soler, J., Elices, M., Franquesa, A., Barker, S., Friedlander, P., Feilding, A., . . . Riba, J. (2015). Exploring the therapeutic potential of Ayahuasca: acute intake increases mindfulness-related capacities. Psychopharmacology, 233(5), 823-829. doi:10.1007/s00213-015-4162-0
13) Strassman, R. (2001). The spirit molecule: a doctors revolutionary research into the biology of near-death and mystical experiences. Rochester, VT: Park Street Press.
14) Szára, S. (1956). Dimethyltryptamin: Its metabolism in man; the relation of its psychotic effect to the serotonin metabolism. Experientia, 12(11), 441-442. doi:10.1007/bf02157378
15) Tupper, K. W. (2009). Ayahuasca healing beyond the Amazon: the globalization of a traditional indigenous entheogenic practice. Global Networks, 9(1), 117-136. doi:10.1111/j.1471-0374.2009.00245.x
16) Winstock, A. R., Kaar, S., & Borschmann, R. (2013). Dimethyltryptamine (DMT): Prevalence, user characteristics and abuse liability in a large global sample. Journal of Psychopharmacology, 28(1), 49-54. doi:10.1177/0269881113513852